*Don’t forget, 15% off anything from my shop through May 4 with the code MOMDAY12.
I took my 2 little boys and we flew to Texas! We stayed for 3 weeks (That’s my excuse for at least part of my blogging absence lately) and it was so great! I feel kind of bad for leaving my husband at home alone for so long, but he had school, so I figured we were kind of doing him a favor, giving him a chance to study without family distractions for a little while. And I got to see my parents and all of my brothers and sister, except one, so that was pretty great!
(Sorry for the blurriness/closed eyes…Our photographer was only 9 years old. Haha.)
True to form, we had way more projects we wanted to do than could be done before it was time for me to fly back home—which I guess was also affected by the fact that we drove from one end of the state to the other during the first half of the trip.
Aside from all of the wonderful visiting, Easter celebrating, games, cousin time, HGTV (and dare I say American Idol) watching, and playing Draw Something on various iDevices, we did get a few of the projects we were wanting to do in!
Here’s a rundown of what I can remember off the top of my head:
- My SIL made cute valances and repaired her porch swing seat.
- We looked into making my bro’s family a tv stand, but that never actually happened…
- We made a cute fence post sign for Caroline’s back porch (And I use the term “we” lightly… I think I painted like one word. Mom and Caroline did all the work.) More to come on that later.
- We painted a cute little coffee table and kids chairs with some Annie Sloan chalk paint in a beautiful color called Duck Egg. More on this later as well.
- I figured out how to use a Silhouette die cut machine to cut vinyl letters and we finished up a cute fall craft project mom and Caroline started a while ago.
- We bought supplies for a bathroom makeover for Mom’s hall bath. The plan is to do board and batten. We bought, cut, and primed the wood pieces, filled holes in the wall and started taking down a double layer of wall paper border from the top and bottom of the wall. Unfortunately we never finished this project, but…
- We replaced the old ugly hall bathroom light with a much cuter one.
- We made a roman shade out of a mini blind for Mom’s kitchen window. And I didn’t take a single picture of it! Poo.
- Set up a display in the gift shop of the retirement community where my stepdad works of jewelry from my shop! (And I sold some within a couple days!)
It was a great trip. I love getting to spend time with my family. I’m so lucky to be surrounded by such good people. Love you all!
And I can’t end this post without saying that we were glad to get home to our handsome husband/daddy!Tags: family fun, home projects